Monday, April 15, 2013

Context is Important

This is going to probably sound really bad taken out of context, so please read all of this post.  My husband had called to check in during the course of his work day, and asked how the Babe was doing.  Specifically, he asked her if she was being a good girl.  We told him yes, so good, that she had even gotten some badges.  She then told him she got, "a badge for kissing, a badge for loving, and a badge for rocking".  That doesn't sound right.

Here's what she meant.  She wanted to wear badges, like what Girl Scouts wear.  So, out of some felt, I made her a sash.  Then she wanted the badges to go with it.  What to make?  She gave me a sweet kiss on my cheek, so I said she gave such nice kisses.  So we made a badge in the shape of a mouth to represent a kiss.  Then she gave me a nice hug.  So she got a badge in the shape of a heart.  Lastly, she just got a kiddie sized rocking chair yesterday, and is enjoying rocking on it.  Hence, a rocking chair badge.  And from a kiss, a hug, and a rocking chair, we get badges for "kissing, loving, and rocking".

No comments:

Post a Comment