Friday, November 22, 2013

Thanfulness

As we approach Thanksgiving, I've tried to discuss with the Babe about what we're thankful for.  This year Thanksgiving falls at the same time as Hanukkah (a unique occurrence on the calendar).  With all the holiday adds, and soon to be gift receiving on her part, I anticipate a lot of greediness popping up.  I want her to remember that we are very fortunate. 

My daughter told me that at school yesterday they made a picture, and then were to write down what they were thankful for.  My daughter is thankful for grocery stores.  Now we don't live in a third-world country nor in an area with little industry.  When I saw her paper this morning, I laughed with her teacher about it.  Apparently its not so much the stores themselves, but the Babe is thankful for grocery stores because that is where we get food.  That makes complete sense.

This year I am thankful for our health and that the Babe is able to attend school.  Those are the big things in our lives. There are a lot more things I'm thankful for, such as our family and our new home.  We have an abundance of things to be thankful for.  While I have a lot to be thankful for, we are also hopeful that this season sees our extended family in continued good or improving health.

No comments:

Post a Comment