Thursday, September 24, 2015

Mommy is not...

I think I have a problem.  To start, the feminist inside me is screaming that I've gone wrong.  This morning while the Babe was getting ready for school, I asked her to pick up a tissue next to her garbage can and throw it out.  She said, "No, that's your job.".  No!  "Moms are maids".  No!!!!  She repeated this.  If she was a little bit older and bigger, all services provided by this mom would come to a screeching halt.  However, child services would come knocking on my door.  And I can't stop caring for my child, no matter how wrong and obnoxious her statement might be.  As my sister helpfully suggested, the bucket and rag needs to come out.  A little Cinderella time?  Or perhaps a reality check.  New season, new school year, new chores.  Let's start with making her own bed, putting away any clothes lying around, clearing the dinner table, and picking up her play room.  She does these things sometimes, but not always.  Well, Mommy the Maid is also Mommy the Boss.  The Boss is making a list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment