Thursday, January 27, 2011

Crafty Morning

As I previously posted, I am activity challenged. Not that I can't come up with some activities to keep my toddler busy, other than the t.v., but somehow don't do as much as I should. So today I decided to remedy that...well, at least for today. We'll see what tomorrow brings. With that said, this morning we did crafts. Not one, not two, but three little projects. And somehow that only lasted an hour and a half. Again, its a start.

Its snowing out, and we have a lovely room surrounded by windows from which we could enjoy the snow. We started out sitting there beading. We used an elastic beading cord and pony beads. This is great to encourage hand-eye coordination, and manipulating small objects. OK, I didn't do it for the learning experience, but there is that benefit. Afterwards, we moved on to the kitchen table where I cut out shapes and she glued. Our initial project was to make an animal out of construction paper shapes. It turned into a colorful cat (purple and red features), and then we went on to red and purple snowflakes. Can you guess what color construction paper I grabbed today?

I really do love the snow, but today's final project gives a hint of spring. With felt glue, a plastic spoon, and three different colored felt squares, we made a flower. I glued a piece of green felt around the spoon. Then I cut out three different sized shaped for flower petals and a circle for the center. Together, we glued the pieces together, and lastly glued it onto the green spoon. Below, you can see our finished project.



No comments:

Post a Comment