Friday, February 3, 2012

Faster, Faster

Go, Mommy, Go!  Faster, Faster!  Pass that Truck!  That would be my little back seat driver, who apparently has inherited either a lead foot or need for speed.  She would come by either from many relatives (including one or both of her parents). 

Today, we were on a local country road approaching the highway, following behind a small truck.  We were both going an appropriate speed, I was probably a couple car lengths in distance behind him.  However, the Babe must have thought that meant he was impeding our way to the highway, because she kept telling the truck to move over.  Once on the highway, she told me to go faster.  That's when I asked her if I should pass the truck.  But of course.  So it became a little game (safely played of course), where I would ask if I should pass a truck just as I was about to. And for anyone worried, I was on a three lane highway, and each lane seemed to be moving at different variable speeds, making it easy to pass trucks while not exceeding the speed limit.  Could you imagine a traffic cop's reaction if I had gotten pulled over and told him I was only speeding because my three year old told me to do so? 

No comments:

Post a Comment