Sunday, June 3, 2012

My Little Negotiator

This  morning, after little sleep last night courtesy of the Babe waking me up frequently, I was extremely cranky and tired.  Last night we had told the Babe no t.v. for today due to something (I can't even remember now).  Anyhow, I stuck to that because cranky leads to mean on my behalf, so I had no trouble sticking to the punishment.  Anyhow, after an hour or two, which included cooperation with cleaning up her toys, and some other things, the Babe asked for three coins.  I sent her to her father to ask again.  He gave her an option- she could either  have coins or t.v.  She responded she would take both.  He told her that was not an option, it was one or the other.  She said she would take coins first, and then t.v.  Again, one or the other.  Then, he told her she could have one coin and t.v.  She responded three coins and t.v.  No backing down on her part.  The final deal was two coins and t.v.  Yes, we are pushovers, but she is a hard negotiator.  We may have a future lawyer in the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment