Tuesday, November 13, 2012

It's a ...

Another chip off the old block moment occurred tonight.  Tomorrow is my husband's birthday, but he'll be gone all day for business.  That meant I thought I'd be good and we'd celebrate tonight- cards signed, gift wrapped, candles on top of a frosted (homemade) cake.  I accidentally opened the gift box in front of the Babe just before wrapping it to make sure there were no price tags left.  She saw, and I knew I might have a little problem.  Of course I told her its a secret, don't tell Daddy what his gift is.  Well, what fun is that when you can shove it in his face and tell him.  To give her some credit, Daddy said he wanted to wait until early tomorrow morning on his actual birthday to open it.  She kept shoving it repeatedly in his face, and he kept declining.  By at least the sixth time, she told him he had to open his new____.  Aaahhh!  It was out.  I doubt he was totally surprised, but then she kept wanting to repeat it, and I had to keep making noise over her.  She thought it was hilarious, but she got it in a few more times for laughs.  Oh well.  He's still not opening it until tomorrow. 

And how is she a chip off the old block?  I did this to my sister a few times.   Just ask her about the Wonderwoman Underroos.  Yep.  They were awesome, too.  How could I hold that detail in (plus, I was probably not even four at the time).  I can keep a secret much better now.   And next time, I'll have to remember to gift wrap away from a little person.

No comments:

Post a Comment