Monday, June 9, 2014

Once again...

I don't want to write this.  One week ago tonight we lost my father.  This has been a horrible year for us.  My daughter has lost two beloved grandparents in less than two months time.  My mother has lost her husband, my sister and I have lost our father.  He was a good man, a kind man, an exceptional man.  No one has anything bad to say about him.  Saying much more right now though is hard.

The most important thing to my father was family.  He was a man of faith.  He loved to sing.  He loved to teach.  He loved photography and nature.  Nothing made him happier though then spending time with my mother, my sister, myself, or his grandchildren. 

Now, we have to learn to live with another gap in our family tree.  My husband and I should not have to sympathize with each other based on first-hand experience, but we do.  We are both raw from our mutual losses.  Hopefully the Babe can remember her grandparents well, with love and happy memories.  She is only five, but right now has an amazing memory.  I hope that helps her as she grows, she does not forget.  Another day I will try to post happier thoughts.  Right now though I will go and quietly reflect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment