Thursday, October 6, 2011

Topics of Conversation

Apparently there are little boundaries as to what are appropriate topics of conversation.  Granted, I am nosy, and love talking about most subjects with most people.  However, here's one that I'd rather not have.  I really don't appreciate the cable service representative who was remotely testing my equipment asking me if I was having any more children.  Oh, did I mention this was a phone call, he was in a foreign country, and apparently wanted to chat while we waited for the equipment test to go through.  I didn't want to hear about how his wife left him and his sons six years ago, which he felt the need to tell me a few times.  I didn't want to talk about anything, especially personal, with this odd man on the phone.  So, while I don't take issue having this discussion with people I know, if I have just met you in a professional capacity, oh, and never set eyes on you, lets just talk about the weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment