Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Maybe

Sometimes it seems as if the Babe is a teenager or even an adult.  This may be by attitude or word, depending on the moment.  Of course I make sure to bring reality back- she's the child and we're the adults.  The other day she was asking for something and I told her maybe.  Her response was, "Well, maybe isn't as good as yes, but its better than no." 

This morning she was funny.  She was asking if Daddy and I had ever gone dancing together.  Well, we've danced together, at weddings and such.  That wasn't good enough.  She wants us to go out on a date to go dancing.  And to top it off, she wants to pick out my clothes and be my stylist.  Yes, she said stylist.  I have no idea how she learned that word.

In the meantime, she is still my cute, precocious little girl.  Soon she will be turning five.  I have to remind myself that she's getting older, and things that I tried to protect her from or do for her, she can do herself.  And if she can't, its time I start teaching her.  While it might be easier or faster if I just do certain things for her, it would look funny if she were a teenager who couldn't cut her own meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment