Friday, May 9, 2014

Morning Mood

The Babe is not a morning person.  I may have mentioned that most mornings I get her dressed while she's mostly unconscious.  She acknowledges me when I make her, but otherwise, she pretty much is sleeping through the process.  Then she watches a show while she has some juice, goes to the bathroom, and then we're pretty much on our way.  Today though was one of those days that had her whining and fussing.  "Why are you rushing me?  You know I'm not a morning person!"  This out of the mouth of a five year old.  She comes by this honestly, as my mother isn't and my grandfather wasn't much of a morning person.  Granted, once she's in the car, the Babe generally snaps out of her morning snarky-ness (except today of course).

Today though she couldn't get past her mood.  It was foggy outside, but that is still not an excuse.  Lately she'll whine when she doesn't get her way, "This is the worst day ever!".  Based on all our family health dramas, I hate when she says this.  Today, I again told her how I dislike her saying that.  You don't know what the day has in store, its only started.  The fog will lift, she'll enjoy school, and if the day goes as planned, we'll be going to the kiddy pool.  That does not bode for the "worst day ever".  I reminded her how fortunate she is- she woke up in a comfortable bed, in a nice house, and had nice clean clothes to put on.  I told her if she really felt it was the worst day, we could skip school and I could just lock her up in her room.  Apparently she didn't like that option.  Good thing, because that wasn't a real offer.  See, Mommy can be snarky, too.  However, I'm starting this day hoping for a good start to our weekend.  Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment