Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Sweet Treat

I know we went to the dentist yesterday, but today I had to make a treat.  It had to be simple and sweet.  So I made these faux peanut butter crispy things.  Its doubtful the Babe will eat any (she somehow doesn't have much of a sweet tooth), but I certainly will.  I cannot take credit for the recipe, but have no idea of its source as my Mother passed it on to me, origin unknown to her as well.  The first time I made them, it kind of reminded me of those old Whatchamacallit candy bars (I think that was the name).  Anyhow, they're so tasty, I'll share the recipe.

Peanutty Crispy Treats
1 C sugar
1/2 C corn syrup
2 C sunflower seed butter or peanut butter
4 C GF Rice Krispies

In a saucepan, combine the sugar and corn syrup until boiling.  Remove from heat, stir in the sunflower seed butter.  Then stir in the cereal.  Poor in a large, wax paper lined casserole dish or baking dish.  Refrigerate 15-30 minutes, then cut into bars.  Return to refrigerate to cool. 
*Eat whenever you want, but usually tastes even better on the second day.
**I suspect my mother would be upset with me if I did not to suggest to drizzle some melted chocolate on top.  But shh, I didn't do it with today's batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment