Sunday, August 19, 2012

Dioramas and Suits

So this may be a tad graphic or vulgar, depending on your tastes, but hopefully you'll find it funny.  In my family, conversations somehow windup discussing plumbing- either bodily or mechanical.  In this event, bodily.

Before we knew the Babe had food allergies, she had frequent blow-out diapers.  We're talking up the back (and on a few occasions, need to cut her clothes off her) messes.  The pediatrician initially lumped it up to her being a nursed babies.  Well, we can guess about when her food allergies started based on when these nasty diapers started.  Once she was diagnosed, and our diet changed, things improved.  She's been potty trained almost a year now, and for the first time had to use the D word with her.  She seemed a bit confused and I had to explain it to her.  Later, she told me how she had "diorama".  Have you had diorama?  Nope, that wasn't a diorama she constructed in the bathroom.  My child with the great big vocabulary has now added "diarrhea" to it.  Lets hope its used infrequently. 

Coming home today from an errand, she started discussing going to the Daddy store.  She then called it the "Daddy Toot store".  Hmmm.  We refer to another bodily function with her as a "toot" (I'm sure you can figure out what).  Ok, its cute when discussed with a toddler.  I wouldn't use that term with others.  Anyhow, back to the Daddy Toot store.  I asked her what you buy there.  She told me ties and shirts and pants.  Oh, a Daddy suit store!  Good to know, cause I wouldn't want to shop at the other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment