Thursday, August 2, 2012

Television viewing

The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends less than 2 hours of television viewing for young children.  Well, we exceed that amount exponentially.  So, when I'm trying to curtail the Babe's television viewing, I usually will tell her that I'm going to get in trouble with her doctor because of how much t.v. she watches.  So, this morning I turned off the t.v.  She'd already watched over an hour of it.  She didn't like this, so she said doctors are bad.  She then asked me to draw a picture of a doctor so she could draw an "x" through it.  Uh oh!  I explained how doctors help us.  They're good.  We see them when we're sick to help us get better, and when we're healthy to make sure we're doing well and growing.  She's still not buying it.

1 comment:

  1. Eeks! And for the same reasoning, I have never told them to wait for daddy to come home to address an issue, or that they they will get a shot if they misbehave, or even so much as to say the owner of a store said no...I tell them its my rule, and as the authority figure, that should be enough. My kids think I rule the world. I Do. For them :)

    ReplyDelete