Sunday, October 28, 2012

Trick-or-Lollipop

Although today isn't October 31st, our town has trick-or-treating schedule for this afternoon.  Now that the Babe has once again been inundated with advertising and cartoons centered around Halloween, she is well aware that it requires dressing up and trick-or-treating, or as she likes to say, "trick-or-lollipop".  Why the lollipop?  Because I generally give out safe lollipops, like Dum-Dums or Smarties, that are free of the top allergens. 

So, how to get around the obvious hazards?  I go the simple route.  I lie.  That's right- I lied to her.  I told her we can't go to any of our neighbors' houses because we don't know them.  Granted, we do know one, but I didn't plan ahead to have them give out a safe treat to her.  Instead, we did go to a friend's house, who generously had a planned non-food goodie bag for her.  I also have a goodie bag for her.  I haven't decided if she'll get it later today or on Halloween.  However, but for the candy overload (which she's not big on sweets anyways), she will make out pretty well once it's all over. 

And what did my little princess get dressed as?  No, that wasn't a hint.  She went as a Rockstar.  I got her a t-shirt with sparkly stars on it, black tights with sparkly silver circles, she wore a black sequined hat, light-up shoes, and her toy guitar.  There were a few more accessories, although we did not include the heavy makeup or hard drugs.  Guess I wasn't going for authentic, but pre-school chic.

No comments:

Post a Comment