Thursday, October 4, 2012

Unique

How do I know the Babe is my child?  Within minutes of her being born, I looked across the delivery room at her, and immediately saw a strong resemblance with a family member.  When I finally got to hold her, I noted her scent, and every time the nurses brought her back to me, there was no question she was mine (despite her ankle bracelet somehow coming loose).  My husband thought I was making that up, but she was unique, and still is, to me. 

How do I know the Babe is my child?  She loves telling jokes that she finds hilarious...and the rest of us don't get.  Yepp, that's pretty much how I used to (ok, and sometimes still do) tell jokes. 

While she may have different coloring than me (she's fair, blond, and blue-eyed, and I'm a brunette with brown eyes), the shape of her face is starting to look like mine.  It doesn't mean she'll look like me as an adult, although the matrilineal line of my family shares a strong family resemblance (translation= if you're a female on my mom's side, we all look similar).  No matter who she resembles as she gets older, she is unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment