Friday, September 21, 2012

My Big Girl

The Babe recently turned 4.  She is still my "baby", but really is no longer a toddler even.  For her birthday, one of her gifts was a toy guitar.  The neck of the guitar has buttons that when pushed play various short melodies.  So, within an hour of receiving this, she was rocking out.  Really, playing it, dancing with it, holding it behind her back while making music.  When I called her my "birthday girl", she corrected me, and told me she was a "rockstar birthday girl". 

Another recent funny thing she did was when we were out and some older women were oohing and ahhing over how cute she was.  She let them know that before we left home she had put on her makeup and her earrings.  I let them know it was all pretend.  She obviously had no earrings on (and no, her ears are not pierced, nor does she own any clip-on earrings).  Secondly, while she has peaches and cream skin, her rosy cheeks were au natural.  Her makeup is actually a plastic molded toy lipstick tube that came in a toy purse she received for her first birthday.  She will rub it across her lips, and on occasion, her cheeks and eyes as well.  Thankfully she stays out of my cosmetics, but she is very proud to put her "makeup" on.  Its funny because my mother feels she must have lipstick on before she leaves the house, and before my grandmother wore hearing aids, always felt she was naked without earrings.  So, wonder how much is genetically instilled in her.  For now though, we will stick to pretend, while my Princess Rockstar has fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment