Monday, November 28, 2011

Sneaky Babe

The Babe may not have any siblings, and may spend very little time with other children, but she sure has figured out ways to try to manipulate her parents without any outside examples (that I know of). 

For instance, earlier today she asked if she could have a tissue from a little pack in my purse.  Of course she could.  I looked away for a minute, only to turn back and see she's pulled them all out of the packet and throwing them around.  Her response was to look up at me all innocently and say, "I love you Momma!".  She is also very quick to say she's sorry, followed by "I love you" when she's done something she shouldn't. 

And lastly, the ultimate in child warfare, she has attempted on several occasions to pit her parents against each other.  Well, maybe not against each other.  Rather, she'll ask for something from one of us, and when she's told no, she'll turn to the other and ask for it.  This may occur when we're at opposite ends of the  house or right next to each other on the couch.  Luckily, my husband and I are pretty much on the same page and equally refuse her.  Brilliant tactic for a three year old.  Good thing we don't have a dog to blame things on!

No comments:

Post a Comment