Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Taste of Freedom

So I made my great escape today.  As soon as I got up this morning, I jumped in the shower, and soon after, hopped out the door.  I went first to my parents house, and then to my sister's.  All...by...myself.  That's right, I got some freedom.  In some ways it felt like I had to twist my husband's arm for it, but he got some time to himself yesterday, so it was only fair.

My parents house was kind of a last minute stop-over.  I gave them an hour's notice, but with the time change, they were up before I was even on my way.  Once there, they offered me food.  Lots of it.  My mother offered me ice cream at 9:30 in the morning- well, with the time change last night, it seemed later, but it was still a bit early for ice cream.  They offered me eggs, bread, cheese, chocolate, crackers, pretzels, etc.  I had a couple pretzels and two mini Twix.  Not bad based on the options.  Then to my sister's house where she also offered me a plethora of non-Babe safe food, including lots of cheese, ice cream, and some of her kid's Halloween candy.  I had lunch there, which definitely included bread and cheese.  I could have been really bad, but again, tried to have a little self-control.  Its funny but while my family will generally offer food during a visit, they really were pushing it today knowing I had a limited window to get in all the goodies. 

But for the Babe's allergies, oh the snacking we could do.  Its scary to think how bad I could be if we could have all those goodies on a regular basis.  Its bad enough we have potato chips in our house.  Well, I had my freedom, enjoyed my family without a little one to hover over, and came home to a happy child who got some quality time with her Daddy.  First thing I did after I got home was to jump back in the shower, and now I get to enjoy the remainder of the day with her (while Daddy takes a nap).

No comments:

Post a Comment