Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July!  Today we have no agenda.  The Babe is decked out in red, white, and blue; stars and stripes.  That may be the extent of our recognition of the day, although we might take a ride tonight to see local fireworks.  None of us handle heat particularly well, and the area temperature right now is showing 102 degrees. 

A little while ago I was looking back at some of my earlier posts.  I was reminded inadvertently how much I like cooler weather, particularly when I read the posts that mentioned blizzards, baking bread, and homemade soups.  They stirred something...a desire for cooler weather.  I prefer to dress in jeans and sweaters, not shorts and t-shirts.  Then again, the joys of summer include juicy watermelon and fresh corn on the cob.  The Babe has been enjoying the sprinkler- even when she wasn't supposed to go in.  She tells us seriously that "the sprinkler is sneaky".  Yeah, somehow it makes her run right into it.  So, I'll try not to rush the summer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment