Friday, July 20, 2012

Tea Time

The Babe has been asking to have a tea party, and today was the day.  I invited a few of her little friends, bought little cups, and baked desserts.  To fill our girls' afternoon, I had a few activities planned.  I'm very proud of myself.  She hasn't had too many playdates this summer, and I wanted something special.

First, I wanted to find some kind of little teacup.  I wasn't willing to invest in a miniature tea set, nor did I want to use a plastic toy set.  While shopping, we found little white ceramic espresso cups that weren't expensive.  They were perfect for little hands to hold their "tea", which was some apple juice.  I made the banana chocolate chip cake and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies to snack on.



Then came things to do, besides running around and playing with her toys.  We started off with paper dolls.  Neither mother was particularly familiar with them, and it was new to the three girls.  They loved it.  Each child had three different dolls, six different outfits, and several accessories. 


The other activity was to decorate barrettes.  I had adhesive rhinestone butterflies and colored circles that could be used.  Here are two the Babe made (with no help from me either).



None of the materials were particularly expensive.  Collectively, the mini mugs, dolls, and barrette materials didn't cost more then twenty dollars.  Granted, more than a usual playdate might cost, but hopefully each little girl walks away with a happy memory from today.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete