Friday, August 19, 2011

How to Give Your Mother a Heart Attack

For the parent of a food allergic child, we hover, we watch, we worry.  Ok, that's true for a lot of parents, but we have more cause.  So my little cutie thinks its hilarious to make certain noises and then grab a drink of water.  She doesn't know why this may concern me, but she thinks its funny. 

I just gave her a brownie cupcake with chocolate chips in it.  She had one yesterday and was just fine.  She seemed fine just a few minutes ago, until she decided to spit out half of it.  Made me wonder why.  Then, we moved onto the family room and asked her to pick up her blocks.  Suddenly she's making a cat-with-a-hairball sound (or what I believe that sound would be).  I ask if she's ok, she looks like she's gagging.  I ask if she wants water and she says yes.  Worried that she's reacting to the snack, she has some water, and sighs and says she's just fine.  Makes the cat noise again, and she refills her glass (her favorite game lately is to fill up her cup from the water dispenser in the fridge).  Then she smiles with a big twinkle in her eye, and repeats.  Now she's happily sitting with her water cup and a straw blowing bubbles.  Oh, and has apparently made herself soaking wet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment