Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Today's Happenings

Apparently this whole potty training things isn't a fluke.  Granted, she didn't want to go on the potty until this afternoon because she was so busy watching her shows in the morning, and then entertaining or being entertained by her grandparents.  However, once she remembered it existed, she kept going, and going, and going.  Please note though, it will probably be a while before she does anything more than daytime peeing on the potty.  She has outright told me when the moment arose that she will not poop on the potty (sorry if TMI).  This is a good start though. 

And apparently the cooking and baking bug has re-bitten me.  Yesterday I made biscuits using the Gluten Free Bisquick for the first time.  Substituting ground flax seed for eggs and Earth Balance Buttery Spread for the butter, they came out pretty good.  Today I again used the Bisquick, but followed Betty Crocker's recipe for a Cinnamon Streussel Coffee Cake.  Although the topping was partially dry, overall it had a good flavor and texture. 

As for cooking, whenever I have company it means I get a real meal for lunch, versus scraps or odds and ends.  So for today, lunch was chicken cooked in a sauce of orange marmalade (first slightly dissolved in microwave) with tamari (wheatless soy sauce), a spinach salad with mandarin oranges, slivered carrots, and sunflower seeds, and rice.   Tonight's dinner is a bit of a mix.  The Babe is having an ear of corn, and if she opts to, leftover chicken.  I'm having a soup I just made.  Its a lentil spinach soup with beef.  I never make soup using beef, so this should be interesting.  It also calls for what I consider Middle Eastern or Indian spices.  It is definitely hearty between the beef and lentil.  If its good, I may post the recipe.  Now, time to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment