Thursday, February 3, 2011

Best Gifts

A treasured or favored gift doesn't have to be the shiniest, sparkliest toy in the box, but something that gives you pleasure in some way. As I'm starting dinner (before lunch is even on the table), I'm reminded what a great gift my parents gave me. When we moved into our new home, my parents gave me a brand new Crockpot. No, I am not new to Crockpots. However, my last one went kaput, or just wasn't working right, so I trashed it before we moved. This one works wonderful. And it makes life easier. How? Throw and go...that's throw in a bunch of ingredients, set the heat and timer setting, and let it do its work. Another plus- no accidental spillovers on your stovetop.

Last night I realized I didn't defrost any meat, and with the recent blizzard, there's no way I'm going out to buy fresh today. So I partially thawed some chicken this morning, chopped up some veggies, and its now sitting in our Crockpot working its magic. Besides using it when I have thawed or fresh meat, the Crockpot also has come in handy with unthawed meat, too.

Tonight we will dine on hearty chicken soup with veggies, chicken and noodles. The noodles will be prepared separately because I don't want mush. That, and some rolls, and we're good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment