Thursday, February 10, 2011

What's in a Name?

A Pot of Slop. I do not think my husband will be living this down. It was said in jest, and I took it that way, but now its time to punish. I'm sure by now you're confused, as this is midway into the story. Here's what happened.

Yesterday I made the chicken soup in the Crockpot. I strained it into another pot, removing fat and any yucky scummy stuff that happens with chicken soup. Let me point out that he is not a fan of the extra fat or scum- I skim this for him. So later in the night, after enjoying his big bowl of chicken soup with noodles and lots of chicken, my husband commented that I cook with too many pots. Not that he was volunteering to wash them last night. So today, when he asked during a phone call from work what was for dinner, I told him Stew. One pot, no mess. Hence, him thinking himself funny by calling it one pot slop.

Now for a while there we were having stew quite often, and getting bored by it for sure. However, we haven't had it in a while. So stew is on the menu for tonight. But to change things up for his Royal Highness, er, my husband, I am completely changing how I do it. I am making Beef Curry. Have I ever made beef curry? No. But here goes. It will either be a huge hit or a huge flop. If it works out, I'll post the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment