Saturday, February 12, 2011

Lemon Turkey Breast

Nothing particularly new or exciting to report today, other than I have another new recipe. I am not prolific at being creative in the kitchen, but when I find something interesting, and adjust it to meet taste or food restrictions, and it actually comes out, then I'm happy to share the info.

Another day to be happy to have my Crockpot as the turkey breast I took out yesterday to defrost did not fully thaw. That was fine, since I already knew it was going to be slow cooked. No fuss, no worry. It did mean I had to be up early, but since I've had a touch of insomnia mingled with a restless sleeping child, I was actually up exactly when I needed to start the turkey breast for lunch. When else can I be positive about sleep deprivation? It was most definitely worth it today. The turkey breast was nice and moist, and the gravy that I made from the remaining liquid in the Crockpot was just that, gravy...as in, "something advantageous or valuable that is received or obtained as a benefit beyond what is due or expected" (see dictionary.com).

Ok, vocabulary lesson aside, here's the recipe:

Lemon Turkey Breast
3 lb. Turkey Breast Half on bone
1/2 C Lemon juice
1/2 C Imagine No Chicken Broth
1/4 tsp salt +
1/4 tsp ground Sage +
1/4 tsp crushed Rosemary +
3/4 tsp garlic powder

1. Place turkey breast meat side up in slow cooker.
2. Whisk together remaining ingredients, then poor over turkey breast.
3. Sprinkle additional Sage, Rosemary, and salt on top of turkey.
4. Cook on high for 5 hours. Let meat rest for a few minutes, then slice and serve.

Lemony Turkey Gravy
Liquid from Lemon Turkey Breast
2 Tbsp Corn starch
1 Cup Imagine No Chicken Broth

1. After turkey has completed cooking in slow cooker, pour remaining liquid from bottom of crock into a small sauce pan. Turn heat onto medium.
2. Mix corn starch and room temperature broth in a separate cup. Add to sauce pan, stirring occasionally. Increase heat, bring to a boil, and turn off.

No comments:

Post a Comment