Thursday, February 10, 2011

Two Pots and a Pyrex Dish

Two Pots and a Pyrex dish...that is what dinner was cooked in for our balanced meal of a vegetable, a starch, and a protein. As I earlier mentioned, dinner was Beef Curry, which I served over white rice. I also made oven roasted cauliflower. It was good, but I think it could have been better because I wimped out on the curry powder. Next time I will up the quantity a bit, and also plan to add the spices while browning the meat. Here's how I made the stew tonight:


Beef Curry
1 Tbsp Canola oil
1/2 Large onion, diced
1 Yellow bell pepper (could use red or orange), chopped
1 1/2 lbs stew meat
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp McCormick's curry powder
2 14.5 oz can's diced tomato
1 C Imagine No-Chicken Broth


1. Saute onion and bell pepper in oil until soft (5-10 minutes). Remove from pot.
2. Brown beef in pot. Remove any fat.
3. Add cooked vegetables, tomatoes with liquid, broth, salt, garlic powder, and curry powder. Stir, bring to a boil.
4. Turn heat to low, cover, and let simmer for 1-1 1/2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment