Saturday, September 17, 2011

Black Gold (aka Coffee)

We finally returned to the gym this past week after not going all summer because the childcare program closed for the summer.  Its great because the Babe gets to burn off some energy while being around someone other than me all day.  I can workout or just sit and read a book.  Don't worry, I worked out despite my desire not to.  Hopefully this return to exercising will give me a much-needed boost of energy.

Many mornings I drink coffee just to start my day.  Most of the time I use the same coffee maker, which uses coffee pods.  There isn't much umph to that coffee despite being caffeinated.  So, if I'm very tired, I may bring out a different coffee pot.  Somehow we have acquired 3 functioning coffee makers, and each serves a different purpose.  Our go-to, everyday coffee maker is the single cup maker that uses coffee pods.  It taste great, is quick to make, but somehow doesn't have much kick.  So when I need a little more umph (aka not much sleep the night before), I go to our other single cup maker that requires a filter and ground coffee.  Only that one takes forever to brew a cup, and sometimes you get coffee grinds in your cup.  And lastly, coffee maker number three is a more traditional, multi-cup maker that my husband bought a few years ago while out shopping by himself (please note, all coffee makers have been bought by or for my husband...see a trend?).  Anyhow, yesterday afternoon I hit an energy slump and decided I needed to bring out the big guns.  Out came coffee maker number three, and for 12 oz of coffee that I brewed, I was still alert late into the evening.  We had company today so it made sense to keep out the bigger coffee pot.  I suspect it may find a long-term home on my counter.  So, exercise or caffeine, I should be hopping about here.

No comments:

Post a Comment