Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Out of the Mouths of Babes

She can say the cutest things, or she can totally embarrass us (and still be cute).  While driving from Fort Lauderdale back to Sarasota, we had to go through a couple toll booths.  We don't know if they heard the little voice from the backseat ask as my husband paid the toll, "I need some money," "can I have some money", "I want money".  This was not a heist, just a little girl who for some reason thought they were handing out coins, rather than the reverse.  Don't know where she got that idea, but we certainly weren't encouraging it.

Today my mother-in-law and I took the Babe to the big pool in their subdivision.  There was an older couple at one end of the pool.  We were there mere seconds when the Babe asked us what they were talking about.  I have many nicknames for the Babe, including Nosy Nelly.  Several times she repeated her question.  Thankfully, she didn't direct the question to them, although they probably would have just laughed. 

Fortunately, any lack of tact can be blamed on age.  Who can resist my little blondie?  Most of the time she's polite, saying thank you and excuse me.  I'm proud when she does it without any prodding.  Of course, everything in life is balanced, and just watch out, because you never know what else will come out of that sweet little mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment