Saturday, June 4, 2011

Technology

I love technology...most days.  I don't want to make a blanket statement I'll regret later when something doesn't work or I can't figure it out.  However, all these little gizmos and gadgets do make our lives better, most of the time.  In particular, when I've had to take the Babe to the surgeon's or allergist's office, their building has WI-FI.  This means that if I bring my IPOD with, I can stream Netflix, pulling up videos for the Babe to watch.  For those who don't have a clue what I've just written, the Babe can watch Caillou, Kipper, and all her other little friends, at the tap of a screen. 

What did we ever do without this technology?  Oh, that's right, be told repeatedly to be patient, or to color or read a book.  Hmmm.  Presently the Babe is watching t.v. with her father, but just before that we had a cozy little time sitting in a chair together reading a book.  That was special, and definitely a time not to be missed.  So, while I love technology, I need to remember to tune in to my child, and spend that extra time playing silly made-up games that do not require batteries or instruction manuals or a foreign language to figure out.  Because we can watch as many movies and shows as we want over a lifetime, but I'll never get back this time when she wants to pretend to be a kitten and rub her cheek against mine (currently, my favorite thing!).

No comments:

Post a Comment