Thursday, June 16, 2011

Say (Soy) Cheese!

Growing up, if my sister or I had a doctor's visit, as incentive to behave we were promised a "good-girl prize" after the appointment.  It generally was something small, like jacks or a coloring book.  Even if we weren't little angels, we still usually got something. 

The Babe probably doesn't even realize why she's getting a treat sometimes, but especially after an unpleasant medical visit we try to get her something.  So after being in the ER the other day, she definitely deserved something.  While in the ER, the physician had a small little toy camera on a key chain that you could push a button and trigger a flash.  She loved this.  When I went to pick up her prescription and saw a toy camera that was the size of my real one, pink all over, with Disney princesses on it, I made sure to get it for her. 

When I finally remembered to give it to her, she was thrilled.  She lined us all up so she could take a group picture.  My husband, in-laws, and myself were sitting on the floor, smiling for the camera, while she happily took our "pictures".  The funny part is that this camera has little princess sayings when you push the button.  So when she took my father-in-law's picture, it told him he was, "as pretty as a princess". 

She's been carrying her camera around now for a few days, taking pictures of everything.  We may have a budding photographer on our hands.  Get ready to say cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment