Thursday, July 7, 2011

Laundry Daze

Apparently these three things don't mix well: a full sippy cup, a pull-up diaper, and a long nap.  I had my suspicions before attempting this maneuver, but took a gamble and lost.  Ok, I was happy to have the Babe take a nap, which was part of why I was willing to ignore the little voice in my head telling me I was headed for trouble. 

Last night was date night.  The Babe was still sleeping when the sitter got here, and for some reason I felt it best to wake her a few minutes later.  Good plan, because lo and behold there was a giant wet spot on her bed and the Babe was soaked.  This was the first time the sitter got to give the Babe a bath.  I got her started, and then proceeded to wash the Babe's sheets and mattress pad.  Guess what number load of laundry this was for that day?  Number 5!  And it was the second time her sheets had been washed.  Somehow, laundry seems to just grow around here.  I had done 3 loads of laundry only the day prior, plus put away a few additional loads.  I was more than happy to leave after that.  Not that we had any exciting plans, other than dinner and a few errands.  So today's goal...(not even thinking about potty training, but still working on that)... is that there be no need for laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment