Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Temporary Hiatus

I've shamed myself into silence.  Sorry for not posting, but after I failed to follow-through on my last post, I wasn't ready to say that I didn't do it.  I was going to do it, I had the big-girl panties out and the protective pants ready to go for the Babe, but my husband commented he didn't think she was ready for it.  That's all I needed to not go forward.  So here we are in potty-training limbo.  I still have time on my self-imposed deadline, and I really do want her trained in the very near future.  I'm not entirely sure though that she is ready right now.  She likes the idea of going on the potty, but only wants to go on it sporadically, and then just to throw paper in the toilet.

Now that I have outed myself, I can move on to other topics.  Like how about making it through today, despite being up since 2:30 a.m.?  Or that we had an overnight playdate with a little friend and his mommy. No, that wasn't the cause of my lack of sleep.

The overnight playdate started late afternoon yesterday.  Both our husbands had out of town business trips last night, so timing was good.  Initially there was some competition for toys, and off and on through the visit the kids would get a case of the "mine's".  But they were pretty good at sharing when asked.  Because I knew that we would have up to 24 hours with two little ones who are both only children, I tried to have a few activities planned in case we didn't actually get beyond our backyard.  Pictured below is one of the craft projects we did.  It was relatively inexpensive and the kids had fun.  With two foam visors, the kids attached foam stickers to decorate them, and later wore them outside.  This was decorated by the Babe all by herself.  Its a jungle out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment