Friday, July 1, 2011

Vanilla Raisin Cookies

While in Florida, I mentioned working on a cookie recipe.  I finally made them the other day, and am on the fence as to whether I like them.  I ate them, so they weren't that bad.  However, every time I made them they came out a little differently.  So here's the recipe.  You'll want the dough to be somewhat tight.  I found the tighter the dough, the better it rose.  And it yields 18-24 cookies, depending on how big you make them.  As I mentioned in a previous post, these are gluten free cookies without xanthan gum.

Gluten-Free Vanilla Raisin Cookies
1 3/4 C Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 Tbsp. ground flaxseeds
1/4 C Vanilla Soymilk
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup canola oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 C raisins

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda.  Set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine flaxseed and soymilk.  Let sit for a minute. Then mix in the granulated sugar and brown sugar.  After fully combined, add in the oil and vanilla. 
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry.  Stir until the dough is fully combined.  Add in the raisins.  Spoon/drop cookies onto prepared baking sheets. 
5. Bake 10-12 minutes.  Let cookies rest out of the oven for 5 minutes before removing from baking sheets.  Then, let them cool. 
* They taste much better cooled down than hot out of the oven.  Believe me.  Burning my mouth on a hot cookie hasn't stopped me before, but with this recipe, try to hold out.

No comments:

Post a Comment