Saturday, July 23, 2011

You Want What?!

The other day my husband and the Babe were playing in our basement while I rested.  When they came up, he had her tell me her latest.  She said she wants a pet, she wants a hedgehog.  A what?!  That's right, she wants a hedgehog.  She's not yet three, and I have no idea how she has ever seen a hedgehog (in person or on t.v.), let alone knows the animal's name.  I can't recall any of the children's programming mentioning one, although I do happen to zone out to a lot of them.  Now that I'm thinking about it, could Zaboomafoo or the Wild Kratt's had one?  Possibly, but still don't know why she would want one.  So, after this latest revelation, a few days later, our sitter was over.  She was so excited that the Babe told her this, because apparently once upon a time our sitter had a pet hedgehog.  I kid you not.  So then I wondered if she had told the Babe this, and somehow the Babe thought this would be fun.  But no, no mention of it.  The only person I know who has had a hedgehog did not put the idea in the Babe's head.  Its been several days now, and she is still asking for one.  Courtesy of our sitter, I suspect I know where I could get one, but its not going to happen!  At this young age, I'm sure the Babe will latch onto wanting something else in the near future that will replace this current request, and no harm will come to us or a hedgehog.

No comments:

Post a Comment