Monday, July 18, 2011

Time for a Plan

Some people have sick houses, I think I have a fat house.  Ok, not a fat house, but a house that is contributing to our weight issues.  With each home, we learn something different about what design, layout, and products are favorable to how we live.  This house is great, except for the easy access to our pantry.  We have a somewhat open layout, so our kitchen leads to where the table is, and off of that is our family room where we spend most of our time.  Its one big open area.  We can sit at our table and watch t.v., or just lean outside the door of our pantry while snagging some chips.  This is probably how I've gained about ten pounds since moving into our house.  That's right, blame the house, not my inability to not eat chips or second portions of dinner.  Our last house had a great closet in the laundry room that I utilized as a pantry.  So if I wanted a snack that didn't come from the fridge, I had to walk across the hall, open the laundry room door, and dig.  The less convenient, the less likely I was to snack. 

So now I'm trying to find something to motivate me to stop eating and start moving.  I haven't quite figured it out yet, other than the fact that I don't like the number on the scale.  Once I get over this cold, I hope to start using the treadmill again (see the hidden excuse to delay).  As for diet, its impossible not to have chips in the house because of the Babe.  I just have to stop eating them too.  While I can't have egg white omelets or yogurt, I can still have salads and lean poultry.  Time to make a plan.  I like lists, I just need to stick to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment