Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Soup Success

Get those violins ready.... I had to make dinner tonight.  For some reason, I had the illusion I was getting better for about 2-3 hours after taking my newly prescribed antibiotic.  It was downhill from there.  However, during the temporary reprieve from the worst of my symptoms, I put together a pot of chicken soup with vegetables.  The best part of dinner was watching the Babe eat (the soup was good, too).  That's right- she actually ate dinner.  Not only did she eat the noodles I made, she ate some chicken, she had some broth that I put in a small bowl separately, and shocker of shockers, she ate several pieces of cooked carrots.  Truly a success.  Now if I dare attempt to repeat this meal in the next fourteen days I highly doubt any of this will happen again.  However, for now I will enjoy the fact that she ate well and ate a variety.  And now, I am off to lay down.

No comments:

Post a Comment