Monday, April 11, 2011

Avoiding Landmines

I have a lot of adrenaline right now. That's because ten minutes ago I gave the Babe her first taste of almond milk. I'm doing a challenge at home. This is based on her last test which showed she's not allergic to tree nuts. Her allergist instructed monitoring her the first time giving it to her. So as I'm writing this, I gave her round 2 (15 minutes in). She said she doesn't like this milk, so looks like the test is over. Of course I'll continue to monitor her the rest of the day. If she's ok, then at least I can have almonds. I hate trying new things like this, but it has to happen sometime.

Again, I really hate this. It's like walking through a field that may have a landmine, but you won't know until you cross the field. Could we just continue to avoid it? Yes. But one less limitation is a bonus, giving hope that she'll continue to outgrow some, if not all, of her allergens. Right now we can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment