Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Thrill is Gone

So not what you're probably thinking.  I'm thinking about the holiday Passover.  Passover is just days away, and I am not mentally ready for it.  Usually I'm excited by the holiday, and planning the various meals.  The cleaning, not so much.  This year though I can't seem to get into the mindset.  It might be because the Babe is more definite on foods she likes and dislikes, and seems to have the same meal over and over every day.  There will be no hummus for 8 days- not sure how she'll like that.  And I haven't come up with any ideas for substitutes or alternative foods for her.  Granted I have a list of various salads and meals in mind, but nothing is particularly exciting me at the moment.  I am looking forward to going shopping Sunday or Monday to load up on fresh produce.  I intend to buy more than the usual, and maybe some things not on our usual rotation. 

One things I'm debating buying are fresh beets.  I've avoided cooking with fresh beets because I don't want to permanently stain anything (like my countertops).  However, I may attempt a beet salad or roasted beets this year.  I like them, but am leery of doing any damage.  So if I try it, I'll let you know how it works out.  Other than that, I'm looking forward to lots of fresh citrus, avocados, and roasted vegetables.  Not that we don't have them in our diets regularly, but my goal is to get creative.  I am not two, so therefore I do not want the same meal over and over again.  Here's hoping for tasty meals that the three of us all enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment