Monday, April 4, 2011

Yummy Cookies

I am a happy girl right now.  That is because I just had several chocolate chip cookies fresh out of the oven.  Did I mention I'm kind of on a diet?  I guess its kind of, because although I worked out today, and counted every calorie up until about 8:30 tonight, I hit a wall and decided I just had to bake these cookies.  I came across the recipe a few days ago while trying to plan some meals.  Somehow the page just flipped right there to the wheat-free chocolate chip cookie recipe.  Knowing I had all the ingredients, it sounded tempting. 

The recipe is from the cookbook, "Veganomicon," by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero.  I highly recommend this cookbook even if you are not vegan.  If you happen to have it, its the Wheat-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies on page 237.  The nice part of making these is I didn't need to use bean flour or xanthan gum.  My husband's comment was to enjoy them tonight as they won't taste the same tomorrow.  I told him that shouldn't happen since without the bean, and just oat flour, it should taste as good tomorrow as tonight.  Of course, tomorrow I'll be back on the calorie counting wagon, so I may not have them...well, more than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment