Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Spuds A-Plenty

The Babe started something new, asking to "grow me up".  She stands against a wall, hands me a toy block, and apparently, wants me to pretend to mark the wall to show how tall she is.  I'm guessing this must have been something on t.v., but perhaps soon we'll start marking the wall for her. 

In other Babe related news, mealtime frustrations abound.  She hasn't eaten any beef I've made lately, other than ground beef.  Last night was brisket, today was beef shish kebob.  Who knows what tomorrow food rejections will be.  However, she may just turn into a potato.  She has had potato chips, french fries, and mashed potatoes today.  I believe in variety (and different forms of potatoes don't count), but somehow she hasn't gotten that message.  The preferred meal is a protein, starch, and vegetable.  Right now, she seems to either eat only a protein or a starch, but that is about it.

Well, enough whining on my part.  I at least enjoyed tonight's dinner.  Here's my very simple beef shish kebob (another use for stew meat).

Beef Shish Kebob
1 -1 1/2 lbs beef stew meat
1/4 Cup lemon juice
1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
2 small garlic cloves minced
1 tsp dried oregano

1. Mix all ingredients but the stew meat to make a dressing.  Put meat in a ziplock bag, pour marinade over the meat.  Place bag in refrigerator for 3-12 hours.
2. When ready to cook, prepare 4 metal skewers.  Divide meat between skewers.  You can add vegetables to skewers if you want (e.g. cut up onion, mushrooms, red peppers).
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Put prepared skewers on baking sheet or over a pan (to catch meat drippings).  Cook 45 minutes, or until cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment