Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Detente

We have a temporary cease-fire in the Bedtime War. The night I started the War, my husband returned home sick from a business trip, and I suspect the Babe and I are on the verge of being sick, too. In addition, exhaustion won out. So while I am not waiving the white flag, I have temporarily caved so I can get some sleep.

In other news, I just came across the easiest blueberry muffin recipe. I know, this has nothing to do with sleep. However, I do find the more tired I am the more I want to eat. Can I blame cortisol on my lack of self-control?

Anyhow, the blueberry muffin recipe uses GF Bisquick. Follow the pancake recipe on the box without the oil, add blueberries and 2 Tbsp sugar, and then bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Super easy, and you don't feel guilty if you pop a few because that equals a serving of pancakes. I use flax seed in lieu of eggs, so I can rationalize this with it helping my cholesterol and the blueberries providing anti-oxidants. Yeah, that's why I eat them, for my health!

No comments:

Post a Comment