Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Library Time

As the Cat in the Hat sings, we need to "Go-Go-Go-Go...on an Adventure!".  Now that is two-fold.  First, I need a vacation.  That's not happening anytime soon.  Second, the Babe has been stuck in the house for too long.  We had work done on our basement, which kept us housebound for about six weeks.  Then she was sick.  And now, but for the current rain, I have no more excuses. 

So this morning I took her out to a place I love, but don't love taking her to.  Its been months, but for the love of learning and getting her out of the house, I did it.  I took her to the library.  A wonderful mecca, until its time to go. 

We met friends, and she had fun playing with puzzles and a pretend ice-cream cone (go figure, since she's never had a real one).  Our friends left, and I hoped to leave with them.  However, it didn't work.  She didn't want to leave, and cried and wailed and made a fuss.  So she got an extra five minutes.  And then I carried her out wriggling and crying.  I of course got the looks of sympathy- unsure whether the looks were directed at the Babe or me.  I didn't care.  We paused momentarily to get coats on, then I hefted her up, and got her in the car.  Within minutes of our ride, she kept telling me, "green means go", and was good the rest of the way home.  This was a significant improvement upon our last visit to the library, for which she threw a tantrum in the library lobby for 20 minutes, I then wrestled her into her coat, and spent another 20 minutes trying to get her into her carseat. 

I'm not sure when we will return to the library, but I can't completely ban us from it. However, I need to start going to the wonderful places I know are in our area: the Dinosaur museum, the Children's museum, several art museums, the Domes, the local gardens, parks, zoo, etc. etc.  Oh the places we will go...once Mommy finds some energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment