Thursday, March 3, 2011

Easy Asian Chicken

Last night I got to go out to eat. While this is a treat for me since I don't take the Babe into restaurants, it does require someone to watch the Babe at home. About once a week the sitter comes and my husband and I have a date night. Last night he was busy at work and I made arrangements to go out with a friend. Hence, the need for our sitter to come over.

This does not let me off the hook as far as cooking for a night. Usually when the sitter comes the Babe gets hot dogs and french fries. I sometimes wonder if our sitter thinks that's all I feed the Babe. However, last night I was also feeding the sitter so I felt she might like something a little more substantive. Out came the Crockpot and some chicken. I had the leftovers today cold, and enjoyed them. So this recipe works well hot or served later cold.

Asian Chicken
1-1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Tbsp canola oil
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp Tamari (or soy sauce)
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp garlic powder

1. Mix together oil, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic powder.
2. Place chicken breasts in slow cooker. Pour mixture over chicken.
3. Cook on high 4-5 hours. Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment