Thursday, March 17, 2011

Misnomer

So I've been told my Moroccan Chicken isn't technically Moroccan. The person who told me this is probably reading this post, and no, I'm not insulted, and I hope she isn't either. The thought did cross my mind when I titled it. I altered an existing recipe, and kept the name. However, would it be more appropriate to name it Turmeric Chicken or Middle-Eastern Chicken? I just don't know. Turmeric is usually found in Middle Eastern or Indian cuisine. Its considered a poor-man's saffron. I have never cooked with saffron, although would like to, however the price doesn't make it worthwhile to me just yet. I also wanted to try out Turmeric, which I did for the first time last night. So call it what you want, I just know that we enjoyed it. Its probably a lot more milder in flavor than other recipes out there, but I'm just expanding my repertoire. And my friend has no fear of spice or experimenting. Alas, she lives too far away right now for me to enjoy her cooking, but what she does make sounds and looks amazing. So if she tries this recipe, maybe she can come up with a new name for it...hint, hint.

No comments:

Post a Comment