Monday, March 21, 2011

Its Time

Its time to start potty-training.  I really don't want to do it.  I know I need to do it.  I would like my 101-year-old grandmother to come over and take care of this task.  According to my mother, when I was a toddler she had my grandmother baby-sit one day, and was pleasantly surprised to come home and find out my grandmother had potty-trained me that day (without request).  While my grandmother is an amazing woman, she's not quite up to repeating this for the next generation. 

Reasons why I don't want to start potty-training:
1. Not looking forward to dealing with "accidents"
2. Need to be committed to taking the Babe to the bathroom even if she doesn't need to go
3. More reasons for her to wake me up during the night.

Reasons why I should start potty-training:
1. She's now 2 1/2 and I refuse to have a 3 year old running around in diapers (no offense to those who do)
2. Diapers are expensive
3. I really dislike the taste of Desitin (somehow can never get it fully out from under my nails)
4. And the major reason, as exampled tonight, is I dislike leaky diapers, particularly poopy explosive diapers while she's sitting on my lap (she couldn't have waited for Daddy?!).

No comments:

Post a Comment