Monday, March 14, 2011

Fashionable Miss

This comment probably isn't the nicest thing I have to say about my daughter, but right now she is dressed for the early bird special in Miami. That would be because she is wearing last year's summer sandals- hot pink with flowers- with purple socks. And the sandals are a little too small so her purple clad toes are hanging over the edge. Otherwise she is completely coordinated and dressed for the cooler clime we live in. Of course, that doesn't always stop Miss Independent, aka the Allergy Babe.

She reached the independent dressing stage several months ago. We can pull out five different items from her dresser, to which she puts her finger to her mouth, tapping it, and slowly tells us no to each one as if we were at the hottest fashion show in New York. Then I must tell her to pick one of two that I have narrowed it down to, and she usually goes back to the very first item I picked. Eventually she is dressed, although later in the day I may find her only in her diaper or missing a top or pants. We have had days with three outfit changes, and not by necessity, just because she wanted to change. I do not think I have a fashionista on my hands just yet, but I certainly have a little one who knows her mind (while playing with mine at the same time!).

No comments:

Post a Comment