Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Misperceptions in the Grocery Store

I must have sounded like such a mean mom. One of those parents who makes up stories to get good behavior. Someone who doesn't want their kid to have too much sugar. That is not me, and was not why I said what I said. But I think that's what I looked like when I told my little one not to touch the candy on display at the check out line. Its all so shiny in its wrapping and at her height while walking beside me. Of course she'd want to grab it. But alas, I say don't, it will make you sick, you are allergic to it. And she looks at me confused, not understanding why she can't touch something. For I fear that if one candy bar opened in transit, and somehow its contents touched any of the packaging, she could then touch something with dairy. And I just can't allow that to happen. So I will be the mean mom... but really, I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment