Sunday, May 22, 2011

Big Girl Bed

I'm sure you're wondering how last night went.  Well, I'm tired....very tired.  But the Babe did sleep the night in her bed.  Of course, I wonder what my husband was thinking when he just asked me why I didn't take her into our bed around 6:30 this morning when she woke up.  Hello...we just spent a large amount of money on a new mattress and bedding, there is no way we did it for nothing.  The new rules of this house- she does not sleep in my bed, and she does not get to watch television before 8 a.m.  Ok, the 8 a.m. rule was never really necessary to impose, but its a rule now.

First, the Babe LOVES her new bed and the bedding.  She spent a good hour last night jumping around on it, hiding under the covers, and posing for my husband to take photos with her pretending to sleep.  So around 9:30 p.m. last night, armed with a sippee full of juice and water, she and I went to lay down in her bed.  We listened to soft children's music on my IPOD for an hour.  Of course, no sign of sleep.  Soon after she asked to go watch her shows in my room...ahem-NO!  So, then some songs were sung, and we played a new game, the Going To Sleep Game.  She really liked playing it, asking for me to keep doing it several times.  It involved discussing every part of her going to sleep, from her hair down to her toes, with me stroking her hair, rubbing her tummy, arms and legs.  That somehow didn't put her to sleep, but eventually we both were out.  Around 1 a.m. I awoke, and then was torn.  To stay or go.  I know, I had an option to sleep in my own bed and not get hit by her (cause she got me a few times last night).  Well, I went into my room where my husband had our big bed all to ourselves.  That nighttime conversation I was looking forward to was a little later- when he offered to leave and go back into the guest room since neither of us could sleep.  So we all had our own beds last night, until the Babe woke at 6:30.  We snuggled, then went downstairs for juice, then back up, then down again for a bite of banana, then back up.  And she still didn't go back to sleep.  However, one night of sleeping in her Big Girl Bed accomplished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment