Monday, May 16, 2011

Making Me Feel Better

For whatever I may kvetch about (Yiddish= to whine, complain), I know I'm very fortunate.  During the night, the Babe woke up to a wet bed.  While trying to get her changed out of her clothes and diaper at 2 a.m., I suddenly felt ill and had to lay down.  Dressed in a diaper, I put her down and told her I'd be back.  My husband came in and picked up the slack.  He tried to get her to bed in her room, then together in the guest bed.  Eventually, they joined me again.  We put a towel down over her wet spot, and she came over to snuggle.  I still wasn't feeling well, so she leaned over to give me a kiss to make me feel better. 

During the day, I still wasn't feeling quite up to par.  Late in the afternoon, I mentioned going outside, maybe for a walk or at least to get the mail.  When I hesitated, she told me I needed some fresh air to make me feel better.  Smart kid- taking care of me, and getting what she wanted at the same time.  Despite the beautiful sunshine, its been windy and cold.  I still can't believe I put on black cords and a sweater today despite it being mid-May.  Anyhow, after getting the mail I told her we needed to go back in because it was too cold and I still wasn't feeling good.  Like a super good girl, she hurried on in without complaint.  And to top that off, she's presently napping.  If only I could fall asleep, too, we'd have a perfect afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment